Anyone who suffers from sciatica knows that the intense shooting pains can often come out of nowhere. More often than not, limiting your sleep or day-to-day activities.
At Bell Family Chiropractic, our chiropractors can help you find relief from sciatica through chiropractic services and if needed, dry needling. Many of our patients feel improvement and pain relief from day one.
What is Sciatica?
Your two sciatic nerves branch off from your spinal cord in the lumbar spine and innervate the legs – they are the two largest nerves in your body. Sciatica is when one (or both) of these nerves become pinched, irritated and/or inflamed.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Sciatic Nerve Pain?
The main signs and symptoms of sciatica are intense, shooting lower back and leg pains. Other symptoms include;
- Shooting/stabbing pains in the buttocks, groin and leg
- Increasing intensity after prolonged periods of sitting or standing
- Increased intensity first thing in the morning
- Decreased sensation, feeling and/or reflexes in the legs
- Weaknesses in the leg and/or food
What are the Causes of Sciatic Nerve Pain?
Sciatica is considered a syndrome, and is most commonly brought on by other underlying causes. Usually medical issues such as these directly irritate and add pressure onto the root of the sciatic nerve, resulting in agonizing shooting pains.
The most common of these underlying ailments include;
- Herniated discs (if a disk is torn, it can ooze its inner substance into the surrounding areas)
- Bulging discs (if a disk is protruding out of place due to stress, it can push onto the root of the sciatic nerve)
- Narrowed or misaligned joint space
- Muscle spasms and/or shortening
- Bone Spur
- And, in extremely rare cases, a tumor
How Can a Chiropractor Help Relieve Sciatica?
Many people make the mistake of hoping sciatic nerve pain will go away on it’s on, unfortunately this often means that the underlying problems are not addressed. Leading to prolonged discomfort and pain.
Bell Family Chiropractic encourages anyone who is suffering with sciatic symptoms to visit us for pain relief and treatments.
Our sciatic services include;
● Chiropractic Adjustments – we will realign your spinal joints and decompress the sciatic nerve trigger, which will work to heal in injured and compressive tissues (such as discs).
● Dry Needling Treatments – to help relieve pressure on the pain points, and ease your suffering.
Are you concerned that you’re suffering from sciatica, contact Bell Family Chiropractic today. Don’t live a life of pain, thinking that there is no hope.
We are conveniently located off of Kingston Pike and accessible from the highway.